Tuesday, January 11, 2011

sweet thames

The college where I'm studying is situated on the fashionable South Bank of the Thames in London. There are a couple of TV studios nearby as well as concert halls and theatres.
Yesterday, as I was wandering in search of lunch, I passed a small gaggle of photographers surrounding a heavily made-up, diminutive blonde woman. She looked vaguely familiar.
I found out later that it was Kerry Katona and that she'd been rehearsing for a programme called Dancing on Ice. Apparently after I'd passed by she bared her bottom for the photographers. A bit unwise, I thought. It was pretty chilly by the river yesterday.

Fortunately there are more pleasant sights on the South Bank.

Sweet Thames, run softly till I end my song ...



4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

snort...yeah i like your views a bit more...

Betty Carlson said...

Studying again? That sounds exciting. What?

Somebody left me a comment the other day about "congratulations on going back to school." I wonder if they had got us mixed up, or were just confused by my mentioning going back to school after the holidays (to work, of course.)

lettuce said...

lovely pics liz - i wish i'd been there with you! beats working eh?

Betty said...

(almost)anything beats working :)