Thursday, January 27, 2011

learning curve

Day off work today. And what better way to spend it than in study? Concentrated study. In front of the computer, concentrating, ignoring all distractions, soaking up knowledge, learning the difference between sensitivity and specificity in relation to the performance of a binary test. I kid you not.

So far, I've hung up some washing, emptied the dishwasher, eaten breakfast, drunk tea, checked facebook, and twitter, looked at pictures of snow, checked out a couple of music festivals this summer, made another cup of tea, checked emails, fed the cats, blogged ...

... and found some curvy photos









1. marble in the duomo, siena
2. paving
3. charlie
4. helter skelter, london

7 comments:

Brian Miller said...

those are cool pics...now more coffee please...smiles

mouse (aka kimy) said...

love the windy path of thought and snaps today!

it's nice to see someone can stick to a task and ignore all those distractions - ha ha!

Betty Carlson said...

I've often wondered if I would be up to going back to school -- probably not to the extent that you are. Of course, in France, we have on-the-job training opportunities that let you do that and still be paid for your job...I should look into that before I get too old to be considered!

I have lost someone close to me in the USA and don't think I will be finishing NaBlo; my heart just isn't in it. I posted a blurb about the latter, but not about the former. I will keep up my blog and keep following yours, though.

Good luck hitting the books!

Betty said...

*makes coffee for Brian*

@Kimy - I finally managed to knuckle down to some study in the late afternoon and had a bit of a 'eureka' moment when I actually understood what I was reading!

@Betty - I'm still working. My employer is paying for my course and for me to have 1 paid study day per week. The rest is in my own time. So sorry to hear your news. Have emailed.

Michelle in a shell said...

Hi there! Found your blog through NaBloPoMo and think its lovely. Great pictures and adorable cat!

Look forward to reading :)

Lynne said...

Love these shots, Betty! So nice to see photos that aren't of SNOW. ;)

Betty said...

Hi Michelle - nice to meet you

@ Lynne - he he :)