Monday, May 31, 2010

look up - in new york 4



31 posts for 31 days in May!
Great fun and it's been wonderful going back through the photos I've taken in the past 3 years since I got my 1st digital camera.
As I post this, I imagine my daughter and her friend are waking too early to the sound of street noise, pigeons cooing on the windowsill and aircon whirring into life.

Two years ago lettuce and I took a trip to New York City and had the most amazing time. It's been lovely going back through the photos and picking out ones that fit the theme of 'looking up.' Not difficult - the tall buildings naturally draw the eye upwards.


just had to put in a photo of the empire state building


restoration work near union square


window in a music school


cornelia street

2 comments:

mouse (aka kimy) said...

congrats 31 posts in 31 days!! I think this may I hit an alltime low in # of posts myself. summer seems to have arrived early as far as my 'blogger mind' goes!

less than two weeks and i'll be in nyc for a week!!!! yeah can't wait and your pics have whet my appetite - as if it needed whetting!!

Betty Carlson said...

First photo: I would have said London.

I love the music school window photo! I'll have to send that to my mom, a former piano teacher.

I have definitely enjoyed running into you through NaBloPoMo -- we seem to have more than our first name in common. (Did I tell you I'm seeing Bob Dylan in Carcassonne on June 28th? We'll have to compare notes.)

Bye for now and thanks for your comments throughout the month.