Friday, June 12, 2009

home again

Home from our Road Trip. We've been back for over 3 weeks, but I'm only now getting down to the not inconsiderable task of sorting out and editing the photos I took.

After all, there are nearly a thousand.

Within a few hours of landing in Los Angeles, I had lost my camera. So, Himself™ kindly lent me his.



From LA we drove south along the Pacific and stayed the night in a little motel in San Clemente. In the evening we walked along the beach and watched the sun set, ate fabulous chowder on the pier and then walked some more. London seemed thousands of miles away.
Well, it was!

5 comments:

lettuce said...

can't wait to see more pics!

Brian Miller said...

lovely sunset.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

welcome home!! oy my to start a trip by losing one's camera.... thank goodness himself came through with a loaner, and based on the sunset pic - you operated it beautifully!

look forward to more seeing more pics. what only a thousand! no, really I don't envy you the task of editing sorting, and organizing them.... tis a task I never seem to master.... not enough hours in the day.

xxxx

Steve Reed said...

If you had to lose your camera, thank goodness it happened at the BEGINNING of the trip!

Can't wait to see more of your photos!

Betty said...

Heh! It's nice to be back (well, on a good day - on a not-so-good day, I'd give a lot to have the open road in front of me again!)

Steve, absolutely. I was surprised at how calm I was when I realised it had gone. Must be something in the air in California :D

kimy, I don't know how long it'll take me to sort out all the photos. But I'm going to enjoy trying.